For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Monday, September 3, 2012

Today was full of beautiful things.

This morning began with going to church and being commissioned to go forth and do God's work He has laid before me in France.  Upon arriving at church, I found that some dear family friends (my first pastor's daughters and their families) randomly decided to visit our church on today of all days!  I have known those girls since I was an infant, and what an unbelievable blessing to see them there and have them pray for me before I start this new stage in my life!

After church, I hurried off to celebrate the upcoming marriage of my college roommate, Marlee, and her wonderful fiance, Derek.  They have such an incredible story, and truly are an inspiration and an example of a Christ-centered couple.  They go on all kinds of adventures, support and care for each other through all things, and above all seek God's direction for their lives together and individually.

My dear friend, Monica, and I had lunch over the summer at one of the most wonderful restaurants by school.  While we were sharing a cardamom cinnamon roll, she told me that if I was interested, she would like to play a concert at my house.  Well, tonight, she and her band-to-be came and filled our house with such wonderful heart-inspired music.  Friends and family from my church and from college came, and through God's grace and the gift of music He bestowed upon Monica, Helen, and Ben, $355 was raised for my support while I'm in France.  Thanks be to God.

I know that I sound very "Pollyanna" in posts sometimes, but in the recent months, I have realized that spending my time being sad and sharing words that do more harm than good is an incredible waste of the breath God has given me.  So, while I do have bad days, I would rather share with you the joys and lovely things that come to my daily life.  And, as Roald Dahl said, "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”

No comments:

Post a Comment