For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Last week, I told my mom that 73% of my monthly support has been pledged.  After a moment of great excitement, she said "This is going to start moving very fast.  Just you watch."  Well, she was right.

I'll be setting up my appointment at the consulate this week, gathering together the last forms that I need to get my visa, and looking at plane tickets.  My pastor is even looking at a number of apartments for me!  All that will be left is raising the last 21% before I'll be back in France!  How crazy is that?  It's all is God's perfect timing, even if it hasn't always been easy.  So, what have I learned in this season of my life?  Let's think back.

God is always good.
No matter where you go, you will find family.
Stress over money is obnoxious, and won't help a single thing.
You're never too old to to set a new goal or dream a new dream. (Thank you C.S Lewis)
Mario Kart is addicting, but great.
Momentary frustrations are hard to remember a month later.
Technology certainly is an astounding thing- you can see the face of someone to whom you are speaking when they are on the other side of the world.
Cooking is fabulously fun.
Creativity is wonderful and those muscles can always be stretched.
Reading in a coffee shop is a beautiful way to spend an afternoon.
Prayer goes farther than you may think.

Those are just some brief reflections on what the past eight months have been.  I'm excited to see what the next season will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment