For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two days. TWO DAYS!

There is so much to do, I can't even handle it.  Well, that's not true.  Let me rephrase.  Ahem: there is so much to do, I don't even know where to start.  I've always been a big fan of lists, and naturally, I have made them.  But the problem more lies within the question "What should I pack?"

First off: clothes.  I know what some of you may be thinking, "They're just clothes.  Who cares?".  It's not necessarily that I'm super particular about what I'm packing, it's more the fact that clothes are HEAVY.  I'd like to stick to just one suitcase and not buy anything while I'm there.  But then again, being in France and not at least buying a scarf?  The thought reminds me a little of this scene from Gilmore Girls:




Second off: things for my own peace of mind.  I was talking with a friend the other day who works with a number of missionaries, and she asked me what I would be taking to help me when I get homesick or need a bit of comfort.  I decided on a couple things: a couple of my favorites mugs, my Camp blanket, some knitting things, and of course crayons.  Thankfully, I found out that my library allows checking out e-books so that cut back on my books!

I'm almost done with packing, so now it's just about what to do until I leave.  Cleaning around the house, baking some treats for my family, drinking as many pumpkin spice lattes as I can, watching my favorite movies that I don't actually own like You've Got Mail, Wall-E, and Notting Hill.  I also need to finish reading one more book and making a scarf from this great yarn that I got when I visited my sister  and brother-in-law.

And then of course, there is so much to think about once I get there!  Finding an apartment, opening a bank account, getting my brain to function in French again, and of course, the reason why I'm going there: working with the wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ.  There is so much to think about and so much to dream about!

No comments:

Post a Comment