For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Monday, April 23, 2012

Boy, do I have a story.

Two of my good friends, Scott and Angela, are host parents for two international students from China.  They go to the local Christian high school, and I see them at church, but I don't know them terribly well.  Yesterday, Angela came up to me after church and said "Did my girls find you?"  When I said no, she said "They need to find you."  One of the girls has a deep love of old movies, so I thought maybe she found a great one that she wanted to show me.  A little while later, Scott pulled me aside and said "The girls have something to tell you."  I looked at them, and they each handed me $20.  One of them said, "This is to help you go to France."  I had no words, so I hugged them instead.  She said "Our school gives each of us $20 to help people and we wanted to give it to you."  Scott explained, "When we asked the girls what they wanted to do with the money, they talked about it and said that they wanted to help you get to France."  Of course, I just about started crying and all I could say was thank you about 20 times.  Scott said to the wonderful girls "See how happy you made her!"

Amazing blessings in unexpected places.

1 comment:

  1. God uses people from all walks and places to help us in our journey of trusting Him! He is able to exceedingly more than we can ever think or imagine! He is going to bless you abundantly in ways you've not even thought of! Hang on for the ride!!

    ReplyDelete