For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Monday, May 13, 2013

As long as I can remember, I have been a freak about grammar, spelling, basically all things pertaining to language.  My sixth grade language arts teacher taught us songs, which we had to memorize, of the list of prepositions and helping verbs and to this day I can still sing each of them.  At times when I'm writing (or even speaking) I will sing the song in my head to determine if my sentence ends in a proposition and adjust accordingly.  Yes, I am that person.  I just really cannot stand when I speak and write incorrectly.

I've been working on paintings for the church lately, some with verses, some just with images.  Twice in the past week, I found out that I misspelled different words after finishing the painting.  It's not that difficult to paint over the errors, but it just takes a huge blow to my grammatical nerd-ity. As ridiculous as this may sound, I got so annoyed with myself for not double-no, triple- checking everything before I put it up at the church.  However, this really could be a way of God teaching me that I am not perfect and there is nothing wrong with that.  It's only a lesson that has taken me 23 years to realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment