For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lately, I have seen so many doppelgangers, it's ridiculous.  I have seen university classmates.  I have seen former coworkers.  I have seen friends from camp.  But, by far, the craziest doppelganger I've seen was found on Sunday night.

I was at my friend's apartment for dinner, enjoying a gorgeous Italian meal made by a true Italian, and she and I were happily chatting away with her flatmate.  Dinner was finished and we decided to make chocolate chip cookies, just to add to the international cuisine of the evening.  A little while later, a few of their downstairs neighbors came up to hang out for a while.  For a solid half hour, I could not stop staring at one of the guys.  Every time he would look at me, I'd awkwardly avert my eyes so he wouldn't know that I had been staring at him.  Finally, I said, "I'm sorry, but do you know the TV show How I Met Your Mother? It's just that you look just like the guy who plays Barney."  He jumped up and said "Yes! My professor was right!  He calls me Dr. Doogie Howser is class!"  I kid you not, this guy was the 20 year old French Neil Patrick Harris.  The guy just needs to buy a suit and good tie and there you have it.  Barney Stinson.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I once saw the spittin image of Hawkeye from MASH come through the kiosk at Bodie. He just didn't have the voice...

    ReplyDelete