For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Friday, July 13, 2012

I love getting up early.  I know, some say that's weird, but here's the thing, early quiet mornings are just the best!  If I wake up between 6 and 6:30, I am guaranteed to be in a good mood all day and typically I'm happy the moment I wake up.  Between 6:30 and 8, though, it takes me a while to wake up, I have to stay in my room for at least 15 minutes before I interact with other humans otherwise I will most likely be very snappy with them, and I am very disoriented for a while. 

This morning was particularly fine.  My alarm went off at 6:15, I put on one of my favorite green dresses, and I went to make coffee and eat chocolate chip waffles.  So far, pretty great, right?   By 7, I was on the road to pick up surprise coffee and doughnuts for one of my favorite families.  My friend Steve got a couple Cubs tickets for me, so I had to drive over and get them anyway, so why not stop at the Dunkin Donuts on the way?  My friends' have four wonderful kids, all of whom I have known since they were less than five days old.  I hadn't seen them in a few weeks, and I was going in serious withdrawal.  Since it was so early, I didn't think that the kids would be awake, but when I got to their house, lo and behold, three of the four of them were awake, and I got to spend the first part of my day hanging out in their living room, listening to stories, looking at drawings, and enjoying the company of my dear friends.  Is there really any better way to begin a Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment