For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Friday, March 30, 2012

This morning, I was awakened by a ridiculous thunderstorm-which coincidentally is my favorite way to be woken up.  However, it was 6:30 in the morning and I didn't quite feel like starting my day yet.  So, as I buried myself in my covers once again, I thought "Man, this is great.  I'm going to watch The Sound of Music and do crafts all day because you have to stay inside when it's rainy!"  Don't misunderstand me, on the days I work, that's pretty much what I do anyway, but this time I wouldn't feel lazy since rainy days are specifically for movies and crafts!  When I woke up later, though, it was sunny and there was barely a trace of thunderstorm.  Alas, alack, I guess I'll just have to be productive today. 
Every Friday, my parents have a breakfast date (I know, so cute right?) which normally means there will be leftover pancakes for either me of my brother.  My brother beat me to it today, so I was left to fend for myself.   Normally, this isn't a problem at all- I'll make eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc.- but this morning I found we were out of both eggs and waffles, not to mention cereal.  I thought I'd get creative considering I was in the midst of making pancake batter when I made this discovery.  So, in place of milk, I used Greek yogurt and water, and I just omitted the egg.  They still tasted like pancakes!  A little thick, but delicious nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment