For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ah, Spring, when bursts of colors appear on a blanket of green grass.  The sun shines longer, the weather is warmer, fountains are on in town, and picnics are seen over the countryside.  As much as I love winter, I'm so glad spring is here!

A couple weeks ago, we had a picnic/crêpe afternoon as a farewell to Hannah before she left.  Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll let the photos speak for themselves.
A perfect day for a picnic.

Wonderful people.

Such a lovely afternoon!
Soon after, I headed to Peillonnex for a retreat with other workers in Europe.  The town is almost in Switzerland, and up in the beautiful Alps.  I know that I've only seen the Alps, but good grief, I love mountains!  Each morning, I would get up early, take my coffee and my Bible, and go out on the veranda while the sun rose over the mountains.

Swirly lamp post in town.


The sky was just amazing out there.

We took a hike up to the Roman ruins and got to see this beautiful view.

Beautiful flowers everywhere!

I was so excited to find my favorite flowers in France!

Where I spent each morning.

Some of us went to Yvoire one afternoon.

Flowers everywhere!

Daffodils.

There were many a-boat in the lake and on the shore.

My favorite street!

Sunrise.
Mountain sunrise and coffee.

Spring is here, and what a welcome time of year it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment