For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Monday, May 14, 2012

My favorite meal of the day is breakfast; seriously, absolutely everything is acceptable at breakfast!  You want chocolate?  Chocolate chip pancakes or waffles.  You want steak? Steak and eggs (you can also even have hamburger!)  Potatoes?  Hash browns.  Cake?  Come on.  A chocolate muffin IS cake.  You can have truly anything for breakfast, and it is perfectly acceptable. 
When I was in France last time, my church had a retreat in the Alps.  There was a time for worship, sessions with different speakers, a hike out through the mountains, and all kinds of wonderful things.  For breakfast that weekend (and really, every morning I was in France), there was bread with butter, jam, Nutella, cheese, and bowls of coffee.  Every Friday that semester, I would get up early, walk down to my favorite boulangerie, and pick up a few pain au chocolat for myself and a few friends.  I would have done that everyday, but I figured it would get rather expensive throughout the course of the semester. 
During fall break, I went to Sweden, northern England, and Ireland.  It probably was my favorite trip I've taken.  In Sweden, my dear friends Linnea and Richard took good care of us, and provided us with delicious food.  Breakfast was (one of my favorites) granola with fruit and yogurt.  I don't know what it is about the Swedes, but they know how to make fabulously delicious granola. 
This morning, I made puffins for the family.  What are puffins, you ask?  PANCAKE MUFFINS.  Yes, someone finally figured out the best way to have pancakes on the go.  I made a few cinnamon sugar puffins, some chocolate chip, and some with crumbled bacon.  It's just so much fun to cook for other people, and I can't wait to be back in France and share in table fellowship with more wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment