For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Annecy

After a lovely breakfast at our B&B, Robin, Amy, and I headed back to Paris to catch our train back to my town.  We made it back in time to go to my favorite coffee shop and show them around church, then spent the evening playing Dutch Blitz, watching Letters to Juliet, and had dinner before heading to bed.





In the morning, we made our way to the train station to head to Annecy.  I could not imagine better weather for the day!  It was so warm and the lake was so clearly reflecting the cloudless sky, we just had to be a part of it.  (10 points if you can guess the cinematic reference)  After a picnic lunch, we got changed and headed back to the lake to rent a paddle boat.  One of the greatest decisions we've made!  We paddled out into the lake, jumped and swam a little (the water was FAR too cold to stay in for long), and enjoyed the sun.













When we returned our boat, we pulled out Robin's Rick Steve's book and started meandering around town, looking at the different sites and, of course, got some ice cream.  Once we had finished off our walking tour, we rented bikes and biked around the lake.  Another of the better decisions we've made.  We finished our bike ride with a jumping photo shoot by the lake, naturally.







"Why didn't we do cartwheels in front of the Eiffel Tower?!"




I had forgotten to put on sunscreen except for the first hour out on the lake and got wicked burned, so we had to stop by a Pharmacy on the way back to the hotel.  En route, I made a reservation at a restaurant by the lake, and we got changed and headed back after resting a little.  What better way to finish a day like this than with delicious fondue?


In the morning, we started back for my town so that I could go to my meeting in the afternoon.  Amy and Robin hung out at the house and relaxed, and when I got back, we dove right into another evening of Dutch Blitz.  My British parents came by and when they saw what we were playing, they, of course, had to join in for a few rounds too. 

1 comment: