For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Thursday, December 13, 2012

O, Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,
How lovely are your branches!

Well, this is my first year as a real adult for Christmas, and I must say, as much as I love the French, I'm seriously disappointed they don't often decorate their houses!  On December 8th, there's a tradition of putting up lights and candles n the windows, but it's usually just for that night.  So, I don't have lights on my house, and I have yet to buy garlands for the banister, though I'm planning on it, but I DID buy my first Christmas tree!

I decided to go with a little guy that I found at Au Chan.  There's such a vast difference in the sizes of small trees available; it was either one five feet tall, or a little nugget of a tree, holding itself tall at 60 centimeters.  I went with the latter.  Now, what's funny about this one is that it is most assuredly meant for kids.  How do I know this?  It came with ornaments, and the three choices of ornaments were Disney princesses, Disney's Cars, or classic Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.  I figured that the classiest of these was Mickey and Donald.  And so, for my first grown-up Christmas, I have a Disney-themed, two-foot high tree, and I must say, I love it!

This year, as an early Christmas gift, my parents gave all of the kids something we have never and, but (at least I) have always wanted: stockings!  All growing up, we never had stockings, so the idea of "Stocking Stuffers" is entirely lost on me.  I have hung mine, handmade by my awesome Mom, with care, not by the chimney, but on the window handle in my living room.  It even matches the purple furniture!  How perfect is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment