For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:16

Thursday, February 2, 2012

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future." Ecclesiastes 7:14

I have found that it is neither the good nor the bad times that are difficult, but rather the in between times.  I have moments of sadness and anger, but they pass quickly.  I have times of great joy and laughter and those memories carry me far.  But it is the days that bring neither joy nor sorrow that are hardest.  Living between moments is difficult not because I like drama but because I am just waiting.  You know that feeling.  The feeling of something huge is just around the corner but you can't see around the bend. 

Being at home has been lovely, filled with books, cleaning, and the various appointments that I haven't had the time for over the past years (you know, the dentist, physical therapy for my injured knee, etc.)  I have been babysitting and cleaning houses (two of my favorite things) for donation for France, and in that I have been doubly blessed.  Not only have families been generous in supporting me, but I also get to learn from kids. 

Kids are crazy.  They are energetic, creative, easily show their emotion, and forgive quickly.  I was watching three wonderful kids last week.  These kids are 4, 6, and 8 and I've known them for years.  The oldest smiles and waves at everyone at church and loves to talk.  The middle is the only boy in the family, and he plays the part very well.  He is all about building racetracks, throwing snowballs, and punching.  Totally a 6 year old boy.  The youngest is sweet and tries very hard to be like her older siblings.  She'll play with Polly Pockets with her sister, chase after her brother, and just loves being with them.  They don't care how crazy they act, they think their hilarious when we eat a snack in a fort underneath the table, and they love just being.  How hard is it for adults to just be?  I'm living in a limbo right now, finished with school, unable to find a job because no one wants to hire someone for 3 months, and waiting to go back to France, I try to fill my day with as many things as possible.  I can't just be and enjoy the stillness of this time in my life.  I am always trying to keep moving and stay active (a little hard to do with a bum knee) but what I am continuously learning from these beautiful kids every time I hang out with them is to do what they do:  enjoy the stillness of living, love every moment, and forgive quickly.

An update on finances:
Currently, I am at about 54% of needed funds for outgoing expenses: $3,874.37.  Thanks to the loving and open support of friends and family, about 10% of the monthly support has been raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment